1. Two Plus Two Dialogue
Why in news: India and Australia exchange views on deepening multifaceted ties in several areas in two plus two dialogue in New Delhi
• The second India-Australia Two plus Two Dialogue was held in New Delhi.
• Participants: Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh, External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar Australian and Defence Minister Richard Marles and Foreign Affairs Minister Penny Wong.
• Both sides also exchanged views on shared priorities for strengthening mini-lateral and multilateral cooperation.
• The inaugural India-Australia 2 plus 2 Ministerial Dialogue was held on 11 September 2021.
2. Global Fisheries Conference India 2023
Why in news: Global Fisheries Conference India 2023 starts at Science City in Ahmedabad
• The first ever Global Fisheries Conference India 2023 kicked off at Science City in Ahmedabad.
• It was hosted by India's Department of Fisheries, which is part of the Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, and Dairy.
• Theme: Celebrating Fisheries and Aquaculture Health
• Aim: It seeks to chart a course for the Indian Fisheries and Aquaculture sector in collaboration with stakeholders throughout the fisheries value chain.
• The Department of Fisheries came up with the idea for the Global Fisheries Conference India 2023.
• India is the third largest fish-producing country, accounting for around 8% of world fish output.
• The nation is also the world's second largest producer of aquaculture.
• The event is set for November 21 and 22, coinciding with World Fisheries Day.
3. National Education Campaign - New Education for New India
Why in news: Murmu will launch the National Education Campaign - New Education for New India, organised by Brahma Kumaris at Sambalpur.
• President Droupadi Murmu is visiting Odisha on a three-day tour to attend various programmes in Mayurbhanj and Sambalpur districts.
• The President will attend the inaugural session of the 36th Annual Conference and Literary Festival of All India Santali Writers' Association at Baripada.
• She will also inaugurate an Eklavya Model Residential School at Kuliana in Mayurbhanj district.
• She will also launch the National Education Campaign.
1. Cases of Dengue surpassed 300,000 Marks
Why in news: Bangladesh reports cases of dengue surpassed 300,000 marks.
• The nation has tallied a staggering 301,255 dengue infections and 1,549 deaths attributed to the viral disease in the current year.
• Dengue viruses are spread to people through the bite of an infected Aedes species mosquito.
• These mosquitoes also spread Zika, chikungunya, and other viruses.
• Dengue is caused by one of any of four related viruses: dengue virus 1, 2, 3, and 4.
• A person can be infected with dengue multiple times in their life.
2. Javier Milei
Why in news: Argentina elects right-wing libertarian Javier Milei as its new president
• Argentina has elected right-wing libertarian Javier Milei as its new president yesterday.
• With 97.6% of votes tallied in yesterday’s presidential runoff vote, Milei had 55.8% and Economy Minister Sergio Massa 44.2%.
1. World Television Day (21 November)
Why in news: World Television Day is globally observed on 21st November.
• Aim: to highlight the importance of visual medium and to recognize its increasing impact on decision-making and potential role in shaping global conversations.
• Theme: 'Accessibility'.
• About World Television Day (21 November):
• On this day in 1996, the United Nations held the First World Television Forum and decided to observe 21st November every year as World Television Day.
• TV was invented by a Scottish engineer, John Logie Baird in 1924.
• It was introduced in India on 15th September, 1959 in New Delhi with the assistance of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO).
• Daily transmission began in 1965 as a part of Akashvani.
• National telecast was introduced in 1982 and in the same year, color television was introduced in the Indian market.
• During this time, there was only one national channel, the government-owned Doordarshan.
• 'Krishi Darshan' was telecast in 1967 as the first and Indian television's longest running programme.
1. ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup
Why in news: Australia lifts ICC Men’s Cricket world cup beating India in Ahmedabad
• Australia lifted the ICC Men’s Cricket world cup defeating India by six wickets in the final at the Narendra Modi stadium in Ahmedabad.
• Virat Kohli was awarded with the "player of the tournament" title for his exemplary performance.
• Mohammed Shami finished off as the leading wicket taker of the World Cup 2023.
1. Skills on Wheels
Why in news: In a bid to empower rural communities, the government is set to launch the ‘Skills on Wheels’.
• Objective: To deliver skill training directly to the doorsteps of rural individuals, with a particular focus on equipping rural youth, especially women, with foundational digital skills.
• The foundational skills training will cover essential digital skills, emphasizing the use of digital public infrastructure, including Aadhaar, digilocker, and UPI.
• Additionally, the program aims to educate participants on obtaining a driving license.
• Moving to the next level, the training will incorporate financial skills, providing information and access to loans, credit, insurance, CIBIL, and EMIs.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY:
1. Solar-Powered ‘Ramayana’ Vessels
Why in news: Solar-Powered ‘Ramayana’ Vessels to Navigate Saryu River in Ayodhya
• In a remarkable initiative, two solar-powered ‘mini-cruise’ ships are set to commence operations in the sacred Saryu River in Ayodhya.
• Varanasi-based Alaknanda Cruise, under the leadership of director Vikas Malviya, will pioneer this unique service, providing an immersive experience centered on the life and teachings of Lord Ram.
1. Uttar Pradesh bags First Prize for Best State in Inland Fisheries
Why in news: Uttar Pradesh, under the leadership of the Yogi Adityanath government, has secured a notable ‘Best State’ award for inland fisheries (plain areas).
• The fisheries department (UP) reported a remarkable increase in fish production, with this year’s value reaching 9.15 lakh metric tonnes compared to last year’s 8.09 lakh metric tonnes.
1. Bihar Governor Approved Bill Raising Reservation from 50% to 65%
Why in news: The Governor of Bihar, Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar, approved the ‘Bihar Reservation Amendment Bill’ on November 17 which raises the reservation quota from 50% to 65%.
• The bill raises the reservation quota for Backward, Extremely Backward Classes, Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes from 50% to 65%, surpassing the 50% ceiling set by the Supreme Court.
• The amendments include raising the quota for Extremely Backward Class (EBC) from 18% to 25%, Backward Classes (BC) from 12% to 18%, Scheduled Caste (SC) from 16% to 20% and doubling the reservation for Scheduled Tribe (ST) from 1% to 2%.
• The 3% reservation for BC women has been eliminated.
• Which player made history on November 19, by securing his seventh ATP Finals title in Turin, Italy-Novak Djokovic
• What is the theme of the World Antimicrobial Resistance Awareness Week which took place from November 18 to 24, 2023-Preventing Antimicrobial Resistance Together
• Who has been awarded the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development, 2022-Indian Medical Association and the Trained Nurses Association of India.
• Which organisation has launched the Food Safety Compliance System (FoSCoS) portal in multiple regional languages-FSSAI
• Which state government has banned labeling halal on eatables such as dairy products, sugar, bakery items, peppermint oil, savories and edible oil-Uttar Pradesh
• What is the Cambridge Dictionary’s Word of the Year for 2023-Hallucinate
• Who has been crowned Miss Universe for the year 2023-Nicaragua’s Sheynnis Palacios
• Which country’s President Mohamed Muizzu requested India to withdraw military personnel-Maldives
• Which high court has quashed the Haryana government’s law guaranteeing 75% reservation for local people in private sector jobs in the State-Punjab and Haryana High Court
• Which country has conducted the second edition of the Voice of Global South Summit (VOGSS) in a virtual format-India
Click here to download Current Affairs English PDF
Click here to download Current Affairs Hindi PDF