1. Misinformation and Deep Fakes
Why in news: Government issued advisories to social media intermediaries to identify misinformation and deep fakes
• The advisory stated that such content must be removed within 36 hours of reporting.
• The intermediaries were reminded that any failure to act as per the relevant provisions of the IT Act and Rules would attract Rule 7 of the IT Rules, 2021.
• It will render the organisation liable to losing the protection available under Section 79(1) of the IT Act.
• Deepfake is a term that combines "deep learning" and "fake".
• It refers to a video/image that has been edited to replace a person in the original video with someone else,
• In India there are no specifc legal provisions against deepfake technology.
• Section 66E of the IT Act of 2000, an act involving capturing, publishing, or transmitting a person’s images in mass media, violates their privacy.
• Indian Copyright Act of 1957 provides for penalties for the infringement of copyright.
2. 54th International Film Festival of India
Why in news: 54th International Film Festival of India to be held from 20th to 28th November in Goa
• Mr Michael Douglas to receive Satyajit Ray Lifetime Achievement Award at the festival
• 198 films to be shown in International Section including 13 world premiers
• ‘Catching Dust’ to be the opening film; ‘About Dry Grasses’ to be the Mid-fest Film and ‘The Featherweight’ to be the Closing Film
• 19 award-winning films from various prestigious international film festivals this year, have been assorted in the IFFI Kaleidoscope
3. CSR Portal
Why in news: IREDA Launched CSR Portal to Improve Transparency in CSR Initiatives
• The newly introduced CSR portal is designed to facilitate transparency in the receipt and processing of CSR requests from various organizations and institutions.
• This portal aims to improve the efficient execution of IREDA's social welfare initiatives as part of its CSR efforts.
1. International Solar Alliance ISA
Why in news: Chile became 95th member of International Solar Alliance ISA
• Chile has become the 95th member of the International Solar Alliance ISA.
• It was established by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President of France Francois Hollande on November 30, 2015,
• ISA's objective is to scale up solar energy, reduce the cost of solar power generation through aggregation of demand for solar finance, technologies, innovation, research and development, and capacity building.
2. Russia Maritime Security Exercise (MARUEX)
Why in news: First ever Myanmar- Russia Maritime Security Exercise (MARUEX) conducted in Andaman Sea
• The first ever Myanmar- Russia Maritime Security Exercise (MARUEX) conducted in Andaman Sea has been concluded .
• Launched on November 5th, the exercise aimed to strengthen naval cooperation between both the countries.
• The countries share close ties with Russia being the top arms supplier to the Southeast Asian nation.
1. Pralay Tactical Ballistic Missile
Why in news: India Successfully Tested Pralay Tactical Ballistic Missile Abdul Kalam Island off the Odisha coast
• Developed by: Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
• Range: 350-500 km short-range, surface-to-surface missile with a payload capacity of 500-1,000 kg.
• This solid-fuel, battlefield missile is based on the Prithvi Defence Vehicle.
1. Bharat Atta
Why in news: Centre rolled out subsidised ‘Bharat Atta’ at ?27.50/kg
• Subsidized prices of Rs 27.50 per kg against the market price, which ranges between Rs 40-45 per kg.
• The government is also selling onions at Rs 25 per kg at around 150 places in the Delhi-NCR region.
1. Narges Mohammadi
• Imprisoned Iranian Nobel Peace Prize winner Narges Mohammadi began a hunger strike to protest against Iran's denial of medical care to her as well as against the country's strict hijab rules.
• She was awarded the 2023 Nobel Peace Prize last month for her advocacy for women's rights and freedom of expression in her country.
Why in news: Jharkhand will enter into an agreement with nine states for the welfare of migrant workers.
• Jharkhand, which has a significant percentage of labourers who move out of the state for work
• Under the agreement, the states concerned will have to look after the safety and welfare of the migrant workers from Jharkhand in their respective states.
• These 9 states are Tamil Nadu, Delhi, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka, Telangana, Haryana, Andhra Pradesh and Kerala.
Why in news: Bihar cabinet nod to increase quota to 75%, reservation Bill likely in current Assembly session
• The state cabinet has decided to increase quota from 60 per cent (including 10 per cent to EWS) to 75 per cent.
• A reservation bill is most likely to be brought in the ongoing Assembly session.
• The state cabinet also decided to give Rs 2 lakh to each of the 94 lakh poor families (whose income in less than Rs 6,000 per month) for five years.
• The cabinet also decided to give Rs 1 lakh one-time to 67 lakh landless families to raise homes.
• This would put additional burden of Rs 50,000 crore per year on state exchequer.
• The proposed Bill is likely to lay provision of 18 per cent quota to OBCs, 25 per cent to EBCs, 20 per cent to scheduled caste (SC) and two per cent to scheduled tribes (ST) besides existing 10 per cent EWS quota.
• At present, there had been provision of 50 per cent quota in the states – 14 per cent to SC, 10 per cent to ST, 12 per cent to EBC, eight per cent to OBC and three per cent each to women and the poor among general category people.
• Which shrine in Kashmir located at an altitude of 13,000 feet saw first vehicular movement-Amarnath shrine
• According to a recent study new flexible X-ray detectors can revolutionise the treatment of which disease-cancer
• What is the first-ever AI-powered solution for automated agricultural news analysis-Krishi 24/7
• Which tennis player clinched record-extending seventh Paris Masters title-Novak Djokovic
• What is the name of operation launched by Union Finance Minister to curb the illegal trade of Timber, including Red Sanders-Operation Sesha
• Recently Mahendra Singh Dhoni, former Indian cricket team captain, has been appointed as the brand ambassador of which bank-State Bank of India (SBI)
• Who has been honored With The 19th ‘Kalakar Puraskar’ Award-Apolinaris D’Souza
• G7 Foreign Ministers with the Israel-Gaza Conflict as a Key Focus was held in which country-Meet In Japan
• The highest active volcano, Klyuchevskaya Sopka, recently erupted on the Kamchatka Peninsula in which country-Russia
• In which country the Union Ministry of Tourism is participating in the prestigious World Travel Market (WTM)-London
Click here to download Current Affairs English PDF
Click here to download Current Affairs Hindi PDF