1. Electric Highway between Delhi and Jaipur
Why in news: Govt plans to develop electric highway between Delhi and Jaipur
• Union Minister of Road Transport and Highway, Nitin Gadkari has said that the government is planning to make electric highway from Delhi to Jaipur.
• Actually the government is planning to bring buses with luxury facilities and people will get the same treatment as aviation class.
2. IFC Report
Why in news: IFC lauds efforts of India in tackling impact of climate change
• IFC released a report, “Blended Finance for Climate Investments in India” recently.
• In its report, the IFC said, India has significantly developed its climate actions, resulting in a path to achieving its Nationally Determined Contribution well before 2030.
• The IFC report also highlights the Panchamrit commitments announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to meet India’s COP26 ambitions.
• The report mentions that renewable energy sources contributed to 41 percent of India’s total installed capacity and the country stands fourth globally in terms of total renewable energy installed capacity.
• India is committed to meet 50 percent of its energy requirements from renewable energy by 2030.
3. India-US 2 plus 2 Intersessional Dialogue
Why in news: India-US 2 plus 2 Intersessional Dialogue held in Washington
• India-US 2 plus 2 Intersessional Dialogue was held in Washington recently.
• The two countries held discussions on opportunities to further strengthen interoperability and logistics cooperation.
• The sides also discussed combined maritime engagements in the Indian Ocean Region, as well as expanded cooperation in the space and cyber domains.
4. AFSPA in parts of Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh for another Six Months
Why in news: Centre extends AFSPA in parts of Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh for another six months
• The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) extended the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act (AFSPA) in parts of Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh for another six months, beginning October 1.
• On April 1, 2022, the MHA had considerably reduced “disturbed areas” in Assam, Manipur and Nagaland.
• The AFSPA was applicable in whole of Nagaland since 1995.
5. India's First Green Hydrogen-run Bus
Why in news: IndianOil unveils India's first green hydrogen-run bus that emits just water
• India's top oil firm IOC on September 25 unveiled the nation's first green hydrogen-powered bus that emits just water as it takes the lead in bringing out unrivaled tools to replace fossil fuels.
• Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) will produce close to 75 kg of hydrogen by splitting water using electricity from renewable sources.
• This hydrogen will be used to power two buses which will ply across the national capital region for trial runs.
1. Taliban seek Economic Support and Recognition from India
Why in news: Taliban seek economic support and recognition from India ahead of Kazan meeting under Moscow format
• Ahead of the Moscow format discussion at Kazan in Russia, the Taliban have called upon India to help in the economic recovery of Afghanistan.
• The discussion scheduled to be held on September 29 is significant from the regional point of view as this is the first such meeting after China increased engagement with the Taliban and sent a new Ambassador to Kabul earlier this month.
• India has refused to recognise the Taliban’s “Islamic Emirate” urging its leaders to respect human rights, and ensure protection of minority communities.
• The Moscow format is one of the several dialogue platforms started to attain reconciliation in Afghanistan where the Taliban clashed against the U.S.-supported government of President Ashraf Ghani.
• It consisted of six member countries — Russia, Afghanistan, China, Pakistan, Iran and India.
2. Nepal, China Sign 12 Agreements
Why in news: Nepal, China Sign 12 Agreements to enhance bilateral cooperation
• China and Nepal signed 12 agreements, including seven MoUs, to enhance bilateral cooperation in sectors including trade, road connectivity, and information technology.
• Two days after Chinese President Xi Jinping held talks with Prachanda in Hangzhou on the sidelines of the Asian Games being held in the eastern Chinese city.
• China and Nepal also signed MoUs on the Hilsa-Simkot Road Project and the Nepal-China Power Grid Interconnection Project (Chilime-Kerung).
1. Vivad se Vishwas-I Scheme
Why in news: Claims of more than 10,000 MSMEs accepted under Vivad se Vishwas-I scheme
• Government has said that the claims of more than ten thousand Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) accepted under Vivad se Vishwas-I scheme.
• Union Finance Ministry said, this has led to a grant of more than 256 crore rupees to MSMEs and increased flow of bank credit through freeing up of guarantees.
• The Vivad se Vishwas scheme was launched for providing relief to MSMEs for the COVID-19 period.
2. India keeps Borrowing Plan Unchanged
Why in news: India keeps borrowing plan unchanged for second half; introduces 50-yr bond
• India has maintained its plans to borrow 6.55 trillion rupees ($78.72 billion) through bond issues in the October-March period and has introduced a new security with a 50-year maturity.
• India has projected gross market borrowing at 15.43 trillion rupees for the current fiscal year ending March 31, 2024, of which 8.88 trillion rupees would be borrowed between April and September.
• India plans to raise 300 billion rupees through the newly introduced 50-year bond.
RANKS and INDICES:
1. EFW Report 2023
Why in news: Economic Freedom of the World(EFW) 2023 Annual Report released by Canadian think tank Fraser Institute
• According to the Economic Freedom of the World(EFW) 2023 Annual Report released by Canadian think tank Fraser Institute Singapore is the world's freest economy with a rating of 8.56.
• India Ranked 87 in the index.
• Hongkong and Switzerland stand as the 2nd and 3rd freest economy.
• As per the report, Venezuela is the least free economy.
1. Waheeda Rehman to Receive Dadasaheb Phalke Lifetime Achievement Award
Why in news: Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting announced that Waheeda Rehman will receive the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke Lifetime Achievement Award, the highest honor in Indian cinema this year.
• Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting, Anurag Thakur, announced that the seasoned and accomplished actor, Waheeda Rehman, will be honored with the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke Lifetime Achievement Award.
• It is India’s highest recognition in the world of cinema.
• She has delivered unforgettable performances in a myriad of iconic films, including “Pyaasa,” “CID,” “Guide,” “Kaagaz Ke Phool,” “Khamoshi,” and “Trishul.”
• Waheeda Rehman received the Padma Shree award in: 1972
• Waheeda Rehman received the Padma Bhushan award in: 2011
1. World Tourism Day
Why in news: World Tourism Day being celebrated across globe
• World Tourism Day is celebrated every year on September 27 to promote tourism all over the globe.
• The celebrations are also aimed at fostering awareness among the international community on the importance of tourism and its social, cultural, political, and economic value.
• The theme for this year's World Tourism Day-- 'Tourism and Green Investments'.
1. Mukhyamantri Alpsankhyak Udyami Yojna
Why in news: Bihar announces new scheme for minority community youths
• The Bihar government announced the launch of ‘Mukhyamantri Alpsankhyak Udyami Yojna’ for unemployed youths from the minority community.
• Under this scheme, the Bihar government will provide Rs 10 lakh to an unemployed minority woman or man to start a new industry.
• Of Rs 10 lakh, Rs 5 lakh would be subsidy, while the rest would be loan, to be returned in installment
• Veerangana Durgavati Tiger Reserve has become the seventh tiger reserve of which state - Madhya Pradesh
• Archaeologists have unearthed 3,000-year-old priestly tomb in which country-Peru
• Which state/UT inaugurated India’s first Artificial Intelligence (AI) school - kerala
• An Se Young, who won the badminton world championships, belongs to which country - South Korea
• Cauvery Water Regulation Committee (CWRC) directed which state to release Cauvery water - Karnataka
• Which country/countries are the hosts of Asia Cup 2023 tournament - Sri Lanka and Pakistan
• Which space agency helped India in tracking the Solar mission Aditya-L1 - European Space Agency
• Which scheme has been granted National Award for e-Governance 2023 (Gold) for Application of Emerging Technologies - Swamitva
• The 12 feet high statue of Mahatma Gandhi was inaugurated recently along with ‘Gandhi Vatika’ in which city - New Delhi
• According to the EFW report, which is the freest economy of the world - Singapore
Click here to download Current Affairs English PDF
Click here to download Current Affairs Hindi PDF