1. Rozgar Mela
Why in news: PM Modi to distribute about 51 thousand appointment letters as part of Rozgar Mela
• The Rozgar Mela will be held at 46 locations across the country.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi will distribute about 51,000 appointment letters to newly inducted recruits today through video conferencing.
• The Rozgar Mela is expected to act as a catalyst in further employment generation and provide meaningful opportunities to the youth for their empowerment and participation in national development.
2. Rules Modified Pertaining to Filing of Annual Returns by NGOs
Why in news: Home Ministry modified rules pertaining to filing of annual returns by NGOs registered under FCRA
• The Home Ministry has modified rules pertaining to filing of annual returns by Non-Government Organisations NGOs registered under the Foreign Contribution
Regulation Act FCRA.
• The ministry has asked them to provide details of moveable and immovable assets created by them using foreign funds every year.
• The Ministry in a gazette notification said, in exercise of the powers conferred by section 48 of the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 2010, the Central Government hereby makes the rules further to amend the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Rules, 2011.
3. 2-Day India Smart Cities Conclave
Why in news: Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs organizing 2-day India Smart Cities Conclave at Indore
• Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs is organizing the two-day India Smart Cities Conclave 2023 at Indore, Madhya Pradesh from 26th of September 2023.
• President Droupadi Murmu will be felicitating the winners of the fourth edition of the India Smart Cities Award Contest (ISAC) 2022.
• The event will provide a platform for the 100 smart cities to showcase their exemplary work done under the Mission to help crystallize the roadmap for future of urban transformation in the country.
4. Amit Khare
Why in news: Former bureaucrat Amit Khare gets extension as advisor to PM Modi
• Former bureaucrat Amit Khare has been given extension as advisor to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
• Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the extension in Mr Khare's tenure beyond October 12, 2023, for a period co-terminus with the term of Prime Minister.
5. 31st Meeting of Northern Zonal Council
Why in news: Union Home Minister Amit Shah to preside over 31st meeting of Northern Zonal Council in Amritsar
• In Punjab, Union Home Minister and Minister of Cooperation Shri Amit Shah will preside over the 31st meeting of the Northern Zonal Council in Amritsar.
• Northern Zonal Council comprises the states of Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, and the Union Territories of Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, and Chandigarh.
• The meeting will be attended by the Chief Ministers of the member states along with two senior ministers from each state and the Lieutenant Governors/Administrators of the Union Territories.
6. 50th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations between India and South Korea
Why in news: Indian Embassy in Seoul organised an event to mark 50th anniversary of diplomatic relations between India and South Korea
• The Indian Embassy in Seoul has organized an event to mark the 50th anniversary of diplomatic relations between India and South Korea this year.
• The two countries share a long history together, dating back to one of the first contacts that both countries established through Buddhism.
• The International Buddhist Confederation, in collaboration with the Korean Foreign Ministry and the Gimhae city government, released a book titled 'Gaya Buddhism: Unlatching the Gate' on the occasion.
1. South Korea
Why in news: South Korea to stage its first large-scale military parade in decade on 26th September 2023
• South Korea will stage its first large-scale military parade in a decade.
• It will include weapons ranging from ballistic missiles to attack helicopters rolling through Seoul in a show of force as it takes a tougher stance against North Korea.
• The parade marks the country's Armed Forces Day.
• South Korea last held a military street parade in 2013.
2. Migrants at the Mexican Border
Why in news: Mexico makes agreement with US to deport migrants from its border
• Amid the surge in number of migrants at the Mexican border, Mexico has made an agreement with the United States to deport migrants from its border.
• The reported agreement comes amid a recent rise in illegal crossings into the US.
• Mexican officials have vowed to carry out a series of 15 actions as part of the agreement including deporting migrants to their home countries by land and air.
3. A Record Number of Student Visas to Indian Students
Why in news: US issued record 90,000 student visas in India in three months
• The United States Embassy in India has announced that it issued a record number of student visas to Indian students this summer.
• Over 90,000 student visas were issued in the last three months.
• The figures reveal that almost one in four student visas issued worldwide was issued in India.
• India and the US have taken several initiatives to make the visa process smooth.
1. Indian Banks Set to Draw more Global Investment
Why in news: As per S&P Global report, Indian banks set to draw more global investment
• Indian banks are expected to attract increasing global investment from investors looking for better returns.
• The report says that higher credit growth, improved margins and stable asset quality have boosted the prospects of the lenders.
• As per S&P Global, the total market value of foreign institutional investors’ holdings in Indian banks had risen in recent years, climbing to ₹8.36 trillion as of June 30, from ₹7.71 trillion a year earlier.
• This is a significant rise from the ₹6.73 trillion figure in June 2020.
• Top investees for FIIs include ICICI Bank Ltd., HDFC Bank Ltd. and Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd.
2. SARFAESI Act
Why in news: RBI asks banks to display information on borrowers linked to SARFAESI Act
• The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has asked Regulated Entities (REs), namely commercial banks and Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFCs), to display information regarding borrowers whose secured assets have been taken into possession by the REs under the SARFAESI Act, 2002 in a given format.
• This is part of the move towards greater transparency.
• Securitization and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act allows banks and other financial institutions for auctioning commercial or residential properties to recover a loan when a borrower fails to repay the loan amount.
• Thus, the SARFAESI Act, 2002 enables banks to reduce their non-performing assets through recovery methods and reconstruction.
1. India Women’s Cricket Team Wins Gold Medal
Why in news: India Women’s Cricket Team wins Gold Medal by defeating Sri Lanka
• India clinched the gold medal by defeating the formidable Sri Lankan team with a 19-run victory in the 2023 Asian Games in Hangzhou.
• This triumph marks a significant milestone for India, who had chosen not to participate in the two previous editions of the continental Games that included cricket as a sport.
• In the bronze medal match, Bangladesh emerged victorious by beating Pakistan easily.
1. Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit
Why in news: PM is scheduled to attend the programme marking the celebration of 20 years of the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit at Science City Ahmedabad
• Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit is completing the journey of two decades on coming 28th of September 2023.
• To commemorate the glorious 20 years of the summit, a special programme has been organized at Science City in Ahmedabad in the presence of PM Narendra Modi.
• The PM’s other engagements include laying the foundation stone of projects worth more than Rs 5200 crores under the programme ‘Mission Schools of Excellence’ and ‘Vidya Samiksha Kendra 2.0’ project.
1. State Govt Decided to Provide Free of Cost Treatment
Why in news: Government of Bihar decided to provide free of cost treatment to patients in state’s premier medical institution IGIMS Patna
• In a major decision to boost health services for citizens of Bihar, the state government has decided to provide free of cost treatment to the patients in state’s premier medical institution Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (IGIMS), Patna.
• This will benefit poor patients, who can now avail free services for medicines, surgery, medical tests and other pathological tests.
• The treatment in the Private and Deluxe Ward of IGIMS will remain chargeable.
• The IGIMS is an autonomous medical institution which was established in 1983 to provide super specialty medical services in the state.
• First asteroid samples of which space agency land on earth after release from spacecraft-- NASA.
• Which country barred 3 Indian athletes from Arunachal Pradesh to travel for the ongoing Asian Games--- China.
• The Indian and US armies will kick-start a two-week war game at which place-- Alaska.
• Who won the Japanese Grand Prix; his 13th win secures team title for Red Bull-- Max Verstappen.
• Lightweight Men’s Double Sculls Team wins the first medal for India, at Asian Games 2022. Which medal is this---Silver medal
• The opening ceremony of the 19th Asian Games was organised at which place-- Hangzhou, China.
• A biodiversity knowledge centre named Neelakkurinji has been opened in which state—Kerala
• The ‘International Lawyers’ Conference 2023’ was inagurated by PM Modi in which city—New Delhi
• Which Indian warship participated in the first India-Indonesia-Australia trilateral maritime exercise—INS Sahyadri
• Which villages were selected as the best tourism villages of India 2023—Biswanath ghat in Assam and Kiriteshwari village in West Bengal
Click here to download Current Affairs English PDF
Click here to download Current Affairs Hindi PDF