1. Bharat Drone Shakti 2023
Why in news: Defence minister Rajnath Singh is to inaugurate Bharat Drone Shakti 2023 at Hindon Airbase in Ghaziabad
• Defence minister Rajnath Singh will inaugurate the Bharat Drone Shakti - 2023 at the Indian Air Force airbase in Hindan Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh on 25th September 2023.
• Indian Air Force and Drone Federation of India are co-hosting the event.
• During the program, Mr Singh will formally induct the C-295 transport aircraft into the Indian Air Force.
• Bharat Drone Shakti will give a fillip to India's commitment to becoming a global drone hub by 2030.
2. Arogya Manthan
Why in news: Health & Family Welfare Ministry & National Health Authority to organize a two-day event Arogya Manthan in New Delhi
• The event aims to celebrate the completion of five years of Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana and two years of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission.
• The schemes aim to provide accessible, available, affordable, and scalable healthcare to achieve the vision of universal health coverage in India.
• Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission is an ambitious scheme of government aimed at creating a digital highway connecting different stakeholders of healthcare ecosystems.
3. G-20 University Connect Finale
Why in news: G-20 University Connect Finale to take place at Bharat Mandapam
• The G-20 University Connect Finale will take place at the iconic Bharat Mandapam in New Delhi .
• PM Modi said, over the last one year, the G-20 University Connect programme brought together India’s Yuva Shakti.
4. Joint Capacity Building Initiative for Global South
Why in news: India and UN launch joint capacity building initiative for Global South
• The “India-UN Capacity Building Initiative” aims to share India’s development experiences with partner countries in the Global South through capacity building and training programs.
• The India-UN initiative also complements the India-UN partnership in the form of “India-UN Development Partnership Fund”.
• It has developed a portfolio of 75 development projects in 61 countries in the last 6 years.
• This Initiative will also operationalise the development-relevant deliverables of India’s G20 Presidency.
5. Samajik Adhikarita Shivirs
Why in news: Social Justice and Empowerment Ministry organizes ‘Samajik Adhikarita Shivirs’ across 74 locations nationwide
• The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment is organizing ‘Samajik Adhikarita Shivirs’ across 74 locations nationwide.
• These camps aim to distribute various types of assistive devices to over 47,000 pre-identified persons with disabilities and senior citizens under the Government of India's ADIP (Assistance to Divyang Persons for Purchase/Fitting of Aids and Appliances) and Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana schemes.
6. 19th Edition of YUDH ABHYAS
Why in news: 19th edition of YUDH ABHYAS to be conducted in Alaska
• The 19th edition of YUDH ABHYAS will be conducted in Alaska, USA from 26th September 2023.
• It is an annual exercise conducted jointly by the Indian Army and the US Army.
• The Indian Army contingent comprising 350 personnel will participate in this edition of the exercise.
• The lead battalion from Indian side is affiliated to MARATHA Light Infantry Regiment.
1. Cash-For-Visas Scandal
Why in news: European Commission asks Poland for clarification amid reports of alleged cash-for-visas scandal
• According to the reports, Poland’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs has been accused of participating in an illegal scheme that issues visas to migrants from Africa and Asia in exchange for large sums of money.
• Poland is a member of the passport-free Schengen area.
• Visas issued by the country grant holders free access to the 27 member states of the Schengen Area, which include 23 EU member states, Switzerland, Iceland, Norway, and Liechtenstein.
• These allegations could further create European tensions over grain supplies, which have led to Poland saying it will no longer send arms to Ukraine.
2. Documentary Film on Rabindranath Tagore
Why in news: Documentary film on Rabindranath Tagore premiered in Bangladesh
• The High Commission of India in Bangladesh organised the premiere screening of the documentary film “Chinnapotra: Padma Pare Rabindranath” at Rabindra Kuthibari in Kushtia, Bangladesh.
• The documentary film directed by Dr. Chanchal Khan, is a narration of the collection of letters that Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore wrote to his niece Indira Devi during his stay in Kuthibari, Kushtia from 1889-1895.
3. Volcanoes Taal
Why in news: At least 45 Children sick due to gases emanating from volcanoes Taal in Philippines
• In the Philippines, at least 45 children have reportedly fallen sick due to the gases emanating from one of the world's smallest volcanoes, Taal.
• Volcanoes Taal is located 60 kilometers north of the capital Manila.
• The emission of sulfur dioxide-laden steam has caused skin, throat, and eye irritation for many in nearby towns.
1. India Bags Gold Medal in Men's 10-Meter Air Rifle
Why in news: India bags Gold medal in Men's 10-meter air rifle event at Asian Games in Hangzhou, China
• Indian trio Rudrankksh Patil, Divyang Panwar, and Aishwary Tomar clinched gold in the Men's 10m air rifle event on 25th September 2023.
• India has secured six medals - one gold, three silver, and two bronze - in Asian Games at Hangzhou in China so far.
2. Indian Team Hit 3000 Sixes in ODI Cricket
Why in news: India achieved a significant milestone by surpassing 3000 ODI sixes in the second ODI between Team India and Australia in Indore
• The West Indies closely trail as the second team on the list with 2953 sixes, while Pakistan holds the third position with 2566 sixes.
1. A report by Global Rating Major Moody’s Investors Service
Why in news: Biometrics-based ID system like Aadhaar unreliable in hot, humid climate: Moody’s
• According to a report by global rating major Moody’s Investors Service, the reliability of biometric technologies, such as fingerprint and iris scan, as used for identity.
• It has pointed out that, as a result, the unique ID system often results in “service denials”.
• The report, titled “Decentralized Finance and Digital Assets”, published on September 21.
• Moody’s has also reportedly flagged concerns about privacy and security of users, too.
2. FPIs Outflow
Why in news: FPIs outflow in equities crosses Rs 10,000 cr mark in Sep on rising rates
• Foreign Portfolio Investors (FPIs) have pulled out over Rs 10,000 crore from Indian equities in the first three weeks of September, primarily due to rising US interest rates, recessionary fears, and overvalued domestic stocks.
• Before the outflow, FPIs were incessantly buying Indian equities in the last six months from March to August and brought in Rs 1.74 trillion during the period.
• According to the data with depositories, in the 15 trading days, so far in September, FPIs were sellers in 11 days with a net withdrawal of Rs 10,164 crore.
1. Antyodaya Diwas 2023
Why in news: Antyodaya Diwas commemorates the birth anniversary of the respected Indian leader, Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya.
• His contribution to uplift the deprived section in society is celebrated every year on September 25th.
• Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya was a co-founder of the Bharatiya Jana Sangh (BJS).
• He was also a thinker associated with the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS).
• Mobile Internet service was restored after how many days of suspension in ethnic violence-hit Manipur--140 days.
• Who became the third Indian agriculture scientist to win the prestigious Norman E. Borlaug Award for 2023 --Swati Nayak.
• India achieves Sanitation milestone as 75% Villages are now ODF Plus under which mission--Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen).
• Which Edition of the ‘NeSDA – Way Forward Monthly Report for States/UTs’ were released--6th.
• Which authority is organising ‘Arogya Manthan’ to celebrate 5 years of Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY and 2 years of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission- The National Health Authority (NHA).
• In which state the maiden edition of ‘Bharatiya Prakash Sthamb Utsav’ or Indian Lighthouse Festival was inaugurated in Panjim-- Goa.
• Which digital payment service announced the launch of Indus Appstore developer platform, as a Made-in-India app store-- PhonePe.
• In which state the TATA Projects has been awarded a contract by Micron Technology to construct the semiconductor assembly and test plant in - Sanand, Gujarat.
• Over 300 leading Uighur intellectuals have been jailed since Xi Jinping came to power in 2013: Rights Groups.
• According to which organisation, 95 million Pakistanis are under poverty and Poverty in Pakistan shot up to 39.4% as of last fiscal year - World Bank